Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Jan the Intergalactic Aviator, Cadillacs and a Dinosaur

So according to Superman's instructions for our first challenge, we need to decorate our room with a dinosaur because he has one and Batman has one. I suppose that's a good reason to get one, even though there has to be, like, a billion other super heroes without one. Whatever, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering where I'm going to get one in Metropolis. Last I heard, this place doesn't have a Savage Land.

Part of being an Intergalactic Aviator is being connected. I'm not very familiar with this place, but I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who can help me out. I know that I'll pay for this, but that's how it goes in these circles.

"I hear you're looking for a dinosaur," this "Warlord" says to me.

"That's right," I answered. "You got one?"

"I might have one," he said, trying to sound mysterious. "That is to say, I may be able to get you one."

"Does that mean you have one or not?" I asked.

"Oh, uh well yeah, yeah, but just keep it down," he said. "You know, keep it hush hush. On the QT. The D Lo. I don't want everyone sniffing around my business. Let me show you what I have."

"I have a Tyrannosaurus Rex, still alive."

"See, I don't know if I want to go that direction," I shook my head. "He'll easily make a snack out of me."

"OK, we have some aliens here who are evolved from dinosaurs," he said. "They're not so dangerous, and they often engage in behavior befit of their two-dimensional characterizations. One keeps tripping over his tail, another is always eating, etcetera, etcetera."

"Lame," I said, pointing my thumb to the ground. "With those guys, I won't even get past the first round."

"Well, how about something a little bit more kid-friendly," he suggested.

"Why would we even want to go that direction?"

"Are you sure?"

"yes, I am," I replied.


"OK," he rubbed his beard. "How about a Sleestak?"

"How about no," I replied.

"Well, now I'm starting to run out of ideas here," he shrugged. "I'm just about out of dinos. Are you sure that you don't want a furry bikini instead?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"It would be an improvement over what you've got on..."

"Ha ha," I replied. "You said you were just about out. What do you have left?"

"Well, nothing so exotic as a dinosaur," he answered. "Just a plain old every day Komodo dragon."

"I'll take it!" I said.

4 comments:

Optimus Prime said...

I never was a fan of Dinosaucers.

Of course, they were on a television channel that competed with the one I was on.

Spider-man said...

So Batman and Superman have dinosaurs? Why didn't I get the memo?!

Good luck with what you ended up with though... those tails hurt...

Kon-El said...

Not real dinos Spidey, Just a statue, One I hvet to clean in the Fortress Of Solitude.

Jeremy Rizza said...

Man, Warlord's all about the furry bikinis. I heard he wears a furry bikini bottom under his chainmail sometimes, when he wants to feel "pretty."