Friday, August 3, 2007

Noel: I'm back on Earth.

I can't believe I'm back here on Earth. And after I swore to myself I wouldn't come back for quite some time, especially after the break up Hank and I had. But I had gotten word of a new game show and I figured as long as I can work alone I'll be fine. No need to get attached to another partner.

I realized once I got here that I was a tad late. I forgot how long it takes to get to Earth from Naboo. And to make matters worse I was stopped once I got near Earth air space. Apparently in my hast to get here I nearly hit a satilite. Once I was done dealing with all their questions and filling out some paper work they let me go with a warning. As soon as I got here, I parked my ship, grabbed my bags, and ran to the building.

Once inside I spot Superman, I run up to him and out of breath I say, "Sorry I'm late, I had a bit of a run in with Earths Air Patrol."

"Well at least you made it, I was about to expect you as a no show."

"Well I'm here now, so what do I have to do?" I ask.

"First you have to pick a person to design a costume for you. Once that is done you will have to go to the local House Depot with it on and get supply's to designing your own room."

"Is that it, sounds easy enough." I look around for a second "So where are these designers and where will I be sleeping?"

"Well here are the keys to your room." He handed me a set of keys and then pointed towards a set of stairs. "Go up those stairs and I believe your room is on the right, number 107." He then turned around and started walking towards a hallway. "Follow me, I'll take you to the what is left of the designers."

I follow him, "Okay."

We walk down the hallway and to what appears to be a large office. The windows are tinted so I can't see inside. He opens the door and lets me in. "This group of three is all that's left. Each one will design a costume for you to see. From there you will choose only one from the group. This costume you will have to wear throughout the game, so choose wisely."

I look over at a table and see three of the strangest looking people.

"Good luck" Superman whispers in my ear, giving me a small smirk he leaves. I'd like to smack that smirk right off his face. 'Why did I have to show up so dang late' I think to myself.

With a small sigh I walk over to the table "Hello my is Noel. As you can see I'm not from around here, and no I am not some kind of mutant."

"Are you some kind of alien?" Asked one guy.

"Yeah I am."

"Ohhhhh that is sooooo cool, so what planet do you reside on?"

"I come from a planet called Neptonian, but I live on Naboo at the moment."

"Ohhhhh sweet." All of a sudden the guy reaches up and takes hold of my ear.And I freeze in place. My ears are kind of sensitive and I don't like just anyone touching them.

Feeling very uncomfortable I say "Ummmmmm, hey can you stop that." I try and say as sweet as possible and swat at his hand. But he doesn't seem to here me and keeps on rubbing them. Finally a lady in leather takes out her whip and snaps it in the air making a loud cracking sound.

"Hey Dwane stop it with her ears, she obvious doesn't like it." The man backs off and the lady introduces herself. "Hey I'm Misty, and you know I have the perfect outfit for you. It will drive the men crazy."



I think 'Yeah I'm sure, it will probably be something tight, black, and leather.' But I smile and thank her anyways for getting rid of the guy. Who is now dancing around the room singing, "I touched a hot ladies ears, I touched a hot ladies ears."



'Yeah it will probably be the last time you do touch a hot lady any where.' I think to myself.

"Dwane will you sit down and shut up, before I whip your sorry a**," yells Misty. Dwane gives her a perverted grin but sits down anyway. "And I know what your thinking, so stop with that too." She says waving her whip at him. "Pervert," I hear her say under her breath as she sits down. I try and hold back a giggle.

I go back and stand in front of the table I see the third lady (or at least I think it is). She/he had remained quit. I look at her, with a bit of fear. "So what is your name." I ask.

She just continues to stare at me. "Her name is Sam. She don't talk very well cause of well.... you know." Answers Misty. I give Misty a questioning look. "Open your mouth Sam and let her see" And Sam does. I'm a bit shocked but not too much since the rest of her face is like that.



"Okay, now that I know all of you. It's time for you to get started on designing my costume. They all nod and start getting to work, pulling out paper and fabric pieces and stuff. I take no notice and as they start to work I let my mind wander. Before I know it couple of hours have already passed. They sit back down with there samples to show me.

First is Dwane, and I am kind of nervous with what he has to show me.



Talk about bright. I don't mind the body suit, but the pants.... Na uh. And I don't do so well with masks.

Next up is Sam's. I can only guess what she has in store for me.



I almost started choking when I seen this one. What does she expect me to do, get tattooed and my hair redone. I think not. And what is with the Rollerblades.

By now I am scared, I can imagine Misty's design. Something low cut and tight and made of leather. But I'm just hoping it won't be as blindingly colorful.

Misty hands over her design.



It's not something I would normally wear. But at least it don't make me look like I just fell off a circus train.

"Well this was a tough decision." I lie. "But I have decided to go with Misty's choice of costume." Misty smiles as the other two grumble and pack up their stuff. "I wish you both luck with your careers as designers." 'They'll need it'

Misty takes me back to her little office and starts to pull out fabric and stuff. She measures me and gets to work. She is surprisingly fast at sewing and in a couple hours she has my body suit done. She pulls out a pair of boots and gloves, a cape, and a whip. I put it on and I'm surprised at how it fits. It's actually pretty comfortable. And the boots, even though they look bulky and hard to move in, are very flexible and very easy to run in.

I thank Misty for the wonderful job on the suit and headed out to the House Depot. As I was heading out the front door, Superman warned me that there will be professional Hecklers at the store. I just shrugged my shoulders, looking like a cat woman I get looks and comments all the time. Not a big deal for me. He also reminded me that the room needs to have a dinosaur in it. So as I was running down the street towards the House Depot I called a friend of mine from Naboo. I asked her if she could ship me a couple miniature dinosaurs - as you call them. She said she would have them shipped through the express service. I thanked her, she wished me luck and I ended the call. Just in time too cause I was in the parking lot of the House Depot. As I near the door I see a group of people hooting and hollering stuff at everyone that passes by.



I payed no attention to them even though one comment which was said got me a bit angry. 'Hey, I wouldn't mind playing with that pussy!' Uhhggg why do guys have to be such perverted pigs? If I wasn't so damn busy I would have went over and straightened his sorry a**.

As I walked around the store I did get a few weird looks and some comments whispered about me, nothing that I'm not used to any way. More people commented about me looking like a cat and not about my costume. If people started to long I just said I lost a bet, and walked away. I quickly bought what I needed. Several hundred bags of cement, plaster, paint, some wood, a mattresses, plants, bed spread, rugs, chains,and a few odd and end supplies. As I was walking towards the delivery area to put in my order. I heard what sounded like music. I look around and see what looks like a small crowed gathering around a band on one of the loading docks. As I approach the band I ask one of the bystanders what is going on. They inform me that this is the Grand Reopening of House Depot. And this band is supposed to help bring in customers. I sit and watch them for a few.


(A/N: And as far as I know YES this group is called Hecklers.)


Not to bad for a local band. Is this what Superman met when he said professional Hecklers? After the song is over I went over to the delivery area put in my order and left through the back door. No need to go all the way back through the store only to be angered by that group as people out side. Before I left I asked when my stuff would be delivered. They said later in the afternoon.

I head straight back to the Hall of Justice. I am a bit hungry, but don't feel like eating out in this get up. I figured I'll make something once I get back. Or if anything I'll head back out to my ship and get something there.

After eating a sandwich and some chips that Superman had supplied, I went to find my room. Going down the hall I could her hammering and people talking. I wonder what their rooms will look like. I already know what mine will look like and it will be cool (I think). Plus it will make my dinosaurs feel right at home. I open my door only to find that I got a smallish room. But I guess I can make due with what I have. Luckily I decided to go with the miniature dino's. At least I have what looks like a balcony. I walk over to check it out and am surprised that it is actually a roof top type patio. It is awesome. I look out and notice that I'm the only one with access to it, even better. Now I can add some potted plants put in a small fountain and have garden on the roof.

I notice what looks like a delivery truck approaching the parking lot. Hoping it is my delivery, I rush out of my room and down the stairs. I see Superman talking to the delivery guy. He looks over at me and tells me that it is my stuff being delivered from the House Depot. And that I had also had a couple of packages that just came in a few minutes ago. I look over and see three small crates near the front door. Wow that was some fast delivery from Naboo. I show the delivery men where to put the stuff. Superman gives me a crazy look once he seen all the bags of cement that I had bought. I just smile and tell him he will have to see.

As soon as all the stuff is delivered to my room I get to work. After several hours and working well into the night I am exhausted but I am done, well mostly. I'll have to finish up in the morning. After feeding the small dinos, which are still in their crates, I head to my ship for some sleep. I can't be sleeping in wet cement now can I. After a couple of hours of good sleep (I'm Neptonian, I don't need much sleep), a shower, and a quick bit to eat I head back to the Hall of Justice. I let the dinos out for a quick romp outside, cleaned out their crates, (noticing one in still in it's egg), and after their breakfast I put them back in.

Now to check on the room. I am happy to see that the cement has dried very well and is holding up. I spend the rest of the morning putting together my bed and adding all the final details. By mid noon it's complete. And I have to say I didn't do to bad. And I hope I can say it is original.

I go and get my Dinos and let out in my room. They sniff around a bit then settle right down. I'm glad they like it.



Now all I have to do is my outdoor rooftop patio. But I'm sure that can wait for now. Superman only said to decorate the bedroom, nothing else. For now, I'm going to shower, get a bite to eat, then take a little nap.

4 comments:

Crater said...

That was a weighty tome. It explained everything in great detail.

Great to have you on board Noel.

Thousand Faces said...

The costume kind of suits you, Cat-Looking woman. I can take care of that cat looking part of you if you'd like. You'd be human...

Good luck!

Spider-man said...

Very nice costume choice... considering the other possibilities *shudders*

Superman said...

Smirk? i don't smirk that's Vegeta:)